Thursday, June 14, 2007

B.K. The Freemans

Tonight a couple came in that told me they had just been waiting for 2 and a half hours at Drunken Jacks (a very nice restaraunt down the street) for their food when they decided to mosey on up to Flo's place. It was my sincere pleasure to wait on them for the following hour and a half there-after. They told me the story of how they were high school sweethearts and dated for 11 years before they got married. They were on their way to a veterinarian convention of sorts, the Mr (I think his name was Robert), being a vet, is required to fulfill a certain number of hours for continued education of advances in the field. They asked me about my story, about how I ended up in South Carolina and what I was planning to do with South Korea, psychology, health, and Africa and commended me for my courage. The Mr. outright told me that he admired what I was doing; it felt good to be affirmed with my life.

The end-all in this is a smile and feeling that this is exactly where I'm supposed to be. It's that sensation of wanting to get out of your car and dance to the radio when you finish parking in the driveway. The big thing now is not being blinded by money, because when people tell you that there's a lot more to be made just a few blocks down the road it can get frustrating to stay where you are. More corporate environments also have their lack of advantages :)

May you and I always have just enough of the green stuff.